LELS Annual Scholarship Information
Law Enforcement Labor Services, Inc. is a public safety labor union representing police, fire, dispatch, corrections, and public safety support staff throughout the state of Minnesota.
At the time of application, the applicant must be in their final year of a POST approved Law Enforcement program, in the Skills program, or in an accredited Criminal Justice Program. Scholarship funds must be used toward tuition or skills training.
Required Application Submissions Must Include:
- Applicant must be nominated by a member of an LELS local. The LELS member will submit a nomination letter, which includes their support of the applicant and why they feel the applicant should be awarded the scholarship.
- Applicant will submit an essay or synopsis which includes the following:
- Description of their interest or goal of a career in law enforcement (Licensed or Non-Licensed).
- The need for financial assistance.
- Applicant will also submit the following in information:
- Receipt, Proof of Payment, Registration, or other Documentation to exhibit enrollment and payment of the skills or other related Law Enforcement / Criminal Justice program.
- Contact information, which includes mailing address, mobile phone number, and email address.
Law Enforcement Labor Services, Inc.
Attention: Board of Directors
2700 Freeway Boulevard
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
April 1 of each calendar year
LELS will award up to $3,000 in scholarship(s) annually.