Image

Collective Bargaining Updates February – October 2016

Anoka County Corrections
Local #199 Contract Expiration Date; 12/31/16
Arbitration award; 2016 only, 2% general increase. 3% merit increase and longevity same as Detention Deputies at $80/mo. at 5 years, $I35/mo. at 10 years, $200/mo. at 15 years and $300/mo. at 20 years.

Becker County Deputies
Wages
2016 – 2%
2017- 2%
2016 – Shift n/c
2017 – $1.25

Benton County SO Deputies
2016 – 1.25%
2017 – 3% (Per arbitration award).
FTO pay of $1.50 per hour
Vacation accrual cap at Dec. 1, no longer hard cap.

Big Lake PD Officers
2017 New pay scale
2018 2%; 2x holiday Cd, Td, NY
2 Floaters converted to vac
Ins – 2017 ER 1st 1K, EE $200 ER anything above $1200
2018 70/30 split; Uniform $800

Blaine PD
Local #165 – Arbitration award; 2016 only, 3% general increase and $70/Mo. increase in employer health care contribution.

Braham PD
Local #361 –Settlement
Wages 2017 only, general increase of 2.25%, Employer contribution for Health insurance is 100% of single and children coverage and the Employee’s contribution was increased to $160/mo. for family coverage.

Burnsville PD
#180 Patrol – settled w/ 2 year contract 2016-2017.
2016 wages 2.5%, 2017 wages 2.75%
$35k Employer provided basic life insurance policy; Investigator pay increase to $325 per mo.
Vacation accrual increase with addition of 25 year step.

Carlton County SO
Supvs – 2016 – Transition to new County-Wide wage scale. All Supervisors see between 20-30% increase over two years.

Champlin PD – Patrol
Wages 2016 – 2%; 2017 – 2.5%; 2018 – 2.75%

Cottonwood County SO Licensed
Term: 2016-2017; Wages: 2016 4.9% 2017 2%; Economic Changes: Implementation of new salary and wage plan with a new range. Holiday language change for holiday pay on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve when County Offices close early. Uniform allowance increase to $675 in 2016 and $700 in 2017.

Douglas County
Wages
2016 – 2%; 2017 – 2.5%; Fam Ins
2016 – 703.95; 2017 – Reopen
2016 Sngl InS. – no cost
2017- Reopen; FTO (new) $.50/hr

Eagan PD
3 year contract from 2017—2019
Wages – 2.0% general increase and 2.32% market adjustment in 2016
2.25% general wage increase and market adjustment of 2.4% in 2017
3.0% general wage increase in 2018
Increase night shift differential by $.10 per hour in 2017
5% annual indexer applied to $7500 educational reimbursement—limited to one degree per employee; Re-opener on retiree health insurance benefits.

E. Grand Forks Police Officers
Wages
2016 – 2%
2017 – 2%
Ins. 2016 – no chg
2017 – Cover Up to 4%, Reopen if > 4%; July 4 = double time holiday
Life Insurance = $50,000; 48-hr sick sell back if over 960 bank

Elk River PD – Patrol
Wages
2016 – 2.5% with up to .5% market adjustment 7/1/16
2017 – 2.5% with up to .5% market adjustment 7/1/17
2018 – 2.5% with up to .5% market adjustment 7/1/18.
Forest Lake PD #111 – Patrol – settled 1 year contract 2016. 2016 wages 2.0%. Employer to increase insurance contribution to $1185.

Golden Valley PD – Patrol
3 year contract from 2016—2018
Wages – 2.5%, 2.5%, 2.5%
Increase employer’s flat contribution to insurance to $1312 per month in 2016 with contributions for 2017 and 2018 being an amount equal to 50% of the largest increase or decrease in the family premium of the base plan
In lieu of a yearly uniform allowance, promoted investigators will receive an additional 1% on top of their base rate of pay

Golden Valley PD – Sgts
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 2.5%
2018 – 2.5%

Goodhue County Lic. Deputies
3 year contract from 2017—2019
Wages
2.0%, 2.5%, 3.0%
On-Call pay for Investigators: $1.25 per hour, $1.75 per hour on a holiday

Goodhue County Non-Licensed Jail Deputies and Dispatchers
3 year contract from 2017— 2019
Wages – 2.0%, 2.5%, 3.0%
Minimum value insurance plan made available to bargaining unit

Goodhue County SO – Lic Sgt
Wages
General increases of 2.0% for 2017
2.5% for 2018
3.0% for 2019.
Minimum Value Health insurance added to the contract which includes accident insurance and dental without cost to the Employee.

Goodhue County SO – Non-Lic Sgt
Wages
General increases of 2.0% for 2017
2.5% for 2018
3.0% for 2019.
Minimum Value Health insurance added to the contract which includes accident insurance and dental without cost to the Employee.

Glyndon PD
Wages
2016 – 5%
2017 – steps only; 40-hour comp bank
Isanti Co. Deputies #212 – settled with 2 year contract 2016-2017.
2016 wages 2.5%
2017 wages 2.5%
uniforms 2016 increase to $886
2017 increase to $930.
Language change to direct that seniority bid for shifts occurs by October 1st for the following January 1st.

Isanti Co. Non-Licensed
Wages – General Increase of 2.5% for 2016
2.5% for 2017, shift differential set at $1.10/hr. for both years.
Employer insurance contribution set at $661.88/single and $l,525/family for 2016
2017, Employer will pay any increase up to 5%, if the increase is greater than 5% and less than 10%, the amount over 5% will be split 75/25% between the Employer/Employee and any increase greater than 10% the increase over10% will be split 70/30%.

Lake City
3 year contract from 2017—2019
Wages
2.5%, 2.75%, 2.75%
New—night shift differential of $.50 per hour for hours worked from 9pm to 7am
New—Inujury on duty benefit Uniform allowance increase to $700 in 2017 and $750 in 2018

Lakeville PD #128 – Patrol
settled w/ 2 year contract 2016-2017.
2016 wages 2.5%, 1-1-17 = 1.9%, 7-1-17 = 1.0%.

Lino Lakes PD #260 – Supervisors
settled 2 year contract 2016-2017
2016 wages = 2.5% + .5% market adjustment
2017 wages = 2.5% + .5% market adjustment. Uniforms increased to $780.

Lyon Co SO – Licensed
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 2.25%
2018 – 2.25%

Lyon Co SO – Non-Licensed
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 2.25%
2018 – 2.25%

Lyon Co SO – Non-Licensed Sgts
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 2.25%
2018 – 2.25%

Mankato PD – Patrol
Term: 2016-2018
Wages: 2016 3%
2017 3% 2018 2% — 1% 07/01/2018
Economic Changes: Uniform allowance increase to $950 in 2016 and $975 in 2017/2018. Standby pay increased from $4/hour to $5/hour. Sick leave conversion for officers working over an eight (8) hour shift an 80 % conversion will be used.

Martin County Lic. Deputies
3 year contract from 2017—2019
Wages
2.5% general increase and 3.5% market adjustment in 2017
2.5% general increase and 2.0% market djustment in 2018
2.5% general increase and 2.0% market adjustment in 2019. Retiree health insurance made available to bargaining unit on same terms as non-union employees.

New Prague PD
Term: 2016-2018
Wages: 2016 2.5%
2017 2.75%
2018 3%
Economic Changes: Uniform allowance increase to $850 in 2016 and $875 in 2017 and $900 in 2018.

Oakdale PD
Wages
General increase of 2.5% for 2016 and 2.5% for 2017, Cancellation of City Sponsored Event OT results in payment of overtime as if the employee had worked if they weren’t notified of the cancellation by 5 p.m. the previous day, Uniform Allowance set at $800 for 2016
2017, Shift differential changed from lump sum payment to $.38/hour for third shift if officer bid the shift. An officer that normally does not work 3rd shift but works those hours between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. will receive $.25/hr. for hours worked.

Osakis Police Officers
Wages
2017 3.5%
2018 – 3.5%
Insurance
2017 $1122/mo, HCSP $45/mo
2018 – $1200/mo HCSP $50/mo; $1.00/hr Shift Diff 6p-6a; $1.75 FTO
Holidays = shift length – TA reached 10/5/16

Pipestone Co SO – Licensed
Wages – Transition to new Pay scale
2016 – 2%
2017 – 2.5%

Pipestone Co SO – Non-Licensed
Wages – Transition to new Pay scale
2016 – 2%
2017 – 2.5%

Plainview PD
1 year agreement for 2016
Wages
2.75% general increase; Increase shift differential to $1.00 per hour; Increase uniform allowance to $750; New—Investigator pay– $1.00 per hour above top patrol rate

Ramsey Co. #322 – Deputies
Arb. award for 3 year contract 2015-2017
2015 = 2.0% wages, 1.2% mrkt for a total of 3.2%
2016 = 2.5% wages, 1.0% mrkt for a total of 3.5%
2017 = 2.6% wages, 1.0% mrkt for a total of 3.6%.

Rosemount PD – Sgts
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 2.5%

Sherburne Co. #158 – Deputies
settled 3 year contract 2016-2018
2016 wages = 95% of Market Wage Compensation Plan w/1.0% general adjustment
2017 wages = 97.5% of Market Wage Compensation Plan w/2.5% general adjustment
2018 wages = Market Average Compensation Plan w/2.5% general adjustment.

Sherburne CO SO – Dispatchers
Wages – transition to new pay scale
2016 – Starting pay 2.8% increase, top pay frozen, no increase
2017 – 3.8% increase, or frozen if still above top pay
2018 – 3.8% increase. Move $125 of cafeteria contribution from Single to Family 2017 and 2018.

Sherburne Co SO – Ct Security/Transport
Wages – Transition to new Pay scale
2016 – Starting pay 13.6% increase, top pay 6% increase
2017 – 3.8%
2018 – 3.8%. Move $125 of cafeteria contribution from Single to Family in 2017 and 2018.

Spring Lake Park PD – Patrol
Wages
2016 – 2.5%
2017 – 3%

Stearns Co. #294 – Deputies
settled w/ 3 year contract 2016-2018
2016 wages 2.0%
2017 wages 2.25%
2018 wages 2.5%; $10 increase on all steps for pursuit training; increase to $160 lump sum, each year, for weapons qualification training; Deputies assigned to Civil Process receive 2.25% pay increase while assigned; FTO compensation increased to $2 per hour while assigned; Court Security assigned Deputies receive two classification specific training opportunities per year at $75 compensation per each training; Uniforms increased to $870; Uniform maintenance increased to $340.

St. Cloud Police Supervisors
Wages
1/1/15 – 1%
7/1/15 – 1%
1/1/16 – 1%
7/1/16 – 1%
1/1/17 – 1%
7/1/17 – 2%
Move to City salary schedule 23 effective 1/1/16 ($100/yr increase); 7-day notice to change schedule
Leave granted for MPPOA conference
2-hr/pay period elec. comm 1/1/15
2.5hr/pay period elec. comm 1/1/16
Uniform – $85/mo

Three Rivers Park District – Patrol
Wage re-opener in 2016
Wages
3.0% general wage increase in 2016, awarded in arbitration.

Waseca PD
Term: 2016
Wages
2016 2.5%
Economic Changes: City completing wage study, will address any issues next contract.

Washington Co SO – Deputies
Wages – Transition to new wage scale
2016 – 2% plus up to additional 4% range adjustment
2017 – 2% plus up to additional 4% range adjustment
2018 – 2% plus up to additional 4% range adjustment.

White Bear Lake Sgts
3 year contract from 2017—2019
Wages
2.5%, 2.75%, 2.75%
Increase employer’s contribution to health insurance premiums
Decrease deferred compensation by $5.00 per year for each year of the contract
New— Longevity: 4 year longevity step at 3%, 8 year longevity step at 5%
Education incentive: Employee’s who obtain or have obtained a graduate degree will receive 4% in addition to base wages

Winnebago PD
Term: 2016-2017
Wages
2016 3% 2017 3%
Economic Changes: Court time now treated as call back time. Longevity pay increased by $25/year in each category. Uniform allowance increased from $400 to $500.

Winona PD – Sgts
Health insurance contribution increased by $49/mo. for single and $130/mo. for family, eliminated longevity, and implemented a new 7 step wage schedule with top pay at 5 years established by a job study.