LELS is Minnesota’s largest labor union specializing only in the representation of Law Enforcement Personnel.
Dues stay in Minnesota, working for you! LELS is NOT affiliated with a national organization.
- 4752 Licensed Peace Officers
- 1339 Non-Licensed Corrections and 911 Dispatchers
- 367 union locals across the state of Minnesota
What We Offer That You Can’t Get Anywhere Else:
- Legal Defense Fund (LDF) which provides legal representation in criminal and civil matters which arise in the course and scope of your employment.
- Membership with the Minnesota Police & Peace Officers Association (MPPOA) which looks out for the interests of our members by lobbying and advocating for members’ economic, social and professional advancement at the state legislature and in Washington D.C.
- Local in-house staff attorneys, business agents and support staff that focus exclusively on your behalf.
Accomplishments Past & Future
- View the settlements we reached
- View the contracts we negotiated
- Continue to propose changes to the Corrections Officer Bill of Rights.
Membership Comes with Responsibility
- Ask questions.
- Spread the word.